Ensuring a Strong Future for the Profession of Dentistry
Our strength comes from individual dentists – more than 163,000 nationwide and over 1,700 in Iowa who understand the value of a united profession. By joining organized dentistry, you enhance your ability to achieve success and excellence as a dentist.
Tripartite membership in the American Dental Association, Iowa Dental Association, and the district dental society provides benefits at the national, state, and local levels.
District Dental Society Provides:
- Networking opportunities with fellow dentists from your region of the state to discuss best practices and brainstorm solutions to issues concerning dentistry.
- Biannual business meetings with IDA leadership and local district leadership to discuss Iowa politics, Iowa Dental Board developments, and other issues impacting the practice of dentistry.
- Social and CE opportunities close to you.
Iowa Dental Association (IDA) Provides:
- The political voice of Iowa dentists through advocacy on issues such as Medicaid reimbursement, scope of practices, patient safety, and more.
- A resource to answer state-specific questions on licensure, insurance, and more.
- A comprehensive source for information through our members-only content on our website, weekly e-newsletter, and social media.
- A resource to obtain mandatory education for license renewal and other educational offerings.
- Discounted pricing on services and products through the IDA Endorsed Companies program (including a 5% discount on professional liability insurance through McFadden Insurance Services, Inc.).
- Representation with other organizations and agencies to ensure the dentist’s perspective is heard. These agencies include: Iowa Dental Board, Iowa Dental Hygienist’s Association, Iowa Department of Public Health, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, and others. A recent example of this was IDA’s work with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy regarding e-prescribing guidelines to allow dentists who write few prescriptions and do not prescribe opioids to receive waivers more easily.
For more information on the tripartite membership, contact IDA staff at 515.331.2298.