Following the 2019 legislative session, Governor Reynolds signed HF 731 into law. The law changes the requirements for mandatory reporter training. The following is a brief summary of the changes to the law.
- Training completed through June 30, 2019 will be valid for a period of five years from the date that training was completed.
- Effective July 1, 2019, training must be completed through the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- The initial (core) training will be two hours.
- Core training will be valid for three years.
- Recertification training will be one hour, provided it is completed prior to the three-year expiration period of the initial training.
- The training will be available online to complete at your convenience.
For more information, including FAQs about the HHS training, please visit the mandatory reporter information website.
If you have questions, please contact the Iowa Dental Board at IDB@iowa.gov.