Following the 2019 legislative session, Governor Reynolds signed HF 731 into law. The law changes the requirements for mandatory reporter training. The following is a brief summary of the changes to the law.
- Training completed through June 30, 2019 will be valid for a period of five years from the date that training was completed.
- Effective July 1, 2019, training must be completed through the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- The initial (core) training will be two hours.
- Core training will be valid for three years.
- Recertification training will be one hour, provided it is completed prior to the three-year expiration period of the initial training.
- The training will be available online to complete at your convenience.
To complete the new mandatory reporter training:
Iowa DHS Training
For more information, including FAQs about the DHS training, please visit the mandatory reporter information website.
If you have questions, please contact the Board at IDB@iowa.gov.