Grants and Scholarships
The IDF is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors. Grant applications are reviewed twice a year during May and December board meetings and recipients notified within 30 days of Board meetings.
The Foundation invites grant applications from non-profit organizations that qualify as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are categorized as public charities or governmental programs. Applicants must be an organization within the state of Iowa or seeking funding support for grant funding restricted for use in Iowa. Prospective grantees should download and complete the Foundation Grant Application.
Please be advised that the Iowa Dental Foundation does not provide funding for the following:
- Individuals (other than scholarships), direct care for an individual, or individually-owned projects
- General overhead or indirect costs alone
- Previously incurred expenses or to eliminate bad debt
- The promulgation of religious beliefs or practices
- Political campaigns
- Building or endowment campaigns
- Annual Fund Drives
- Capital Campaign support
- For-profit organizations or programs operated by or for the benefit of for-profit organizations
Please note that the Iowa Dental Foundation is not currently accepting grant applications.
Scholarships are available for students wishing to pursue higher education in the field of dentistry. Dental Assistants, Dental Hygienists, Dental Technicians, and Third Year Dental Students are eligible to apply for scholarships.
Scholarship applications are due in the IDF offices no later than March 31 of the calendar year. Application are reviewed at the IDF's board meeting the first week of May each year. Scholarship recipients will be notified in mid-May.